Asexuals are making themselves heard and thus are redefining what we understand by intimacy, desire, sexual arousal, love and sex.
Olivier led a research in asexuality for Pink Therapy concluding in the receipt of 310 testimonials and narratives.
Asexualities are counter-cultural in our hypersexed communities and societies where low sex desire seems to be taboo.
At the end of this training day, participants will
- be introduced to diverse narratives around asexualities.
- develop an understanding of asexuality and its relationship to desire, arousal and intimacy
- be able to deconstruct heteronormative and patriarchal assumptions around sexuality
- gain a knowledge and appreciation of difficulties asexuals may encounter
- develop non-pathologising clinical skills in working therapeutically with asexualities
The workshop will include experiential exercises, critique of diagnosis on sexual desire dysfunctions, role-plays, and reflection on theories of sexuality.
Training time is from 1pm to 7pm.
This workshop is being offered twice in 2013. Please choose between the February or November options below.